Upcoming AGM 2015

Hi All,

Belmont Area Mountain Bike Association Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday, 28th May at 7:00pm.  Location is the woolshed at the end of Stratton Street.

regards

Angus

Meeting Minutes 26 February 2015

Location: The Woolshed, Stratton St, Normandale, Lower Hutt, 7: 30 pm

Present

Tyrone McGrath, Marco Renall, Matt Clarke, Craig McGinnity, Paul Scoble, Angus Cotton, Jeremy Paterson & Wayne Boness – (GWRC Rangers), Rob Lancaster.

Apologies;   Ron Harfield, Karl Laurence

Minutes of last Meeting Read by Paul, Moved Craig and Seconded by Marco they are accepted as correct – carried.

Finances Last meeting balance   $6,132.49
Plus Revenue
  • PNP Belmont 2014 Race
+$630.00
Less Presented Cheques:
  • Angus – Refreshments
-$40.88
  • Craig – Posts
-$84.99
  • Paul – Replacement Lock / Hasps etc.
-$37.62
  • Angus – Replacement Tools: Mass Destruction x1 / Hilti Ho x 1
-$290.47
This meeting closing Balance   $6,308.53
Cheques written: “Not yet presented”  
Angus – Meetings Refreshments -$45.99

 

Treasure (Angus) moved: Single authorization allowed for treasure to access online internet banking and allow authorization for ease of payments online etc. All present were in favour of this providing bank statements are made available at meetings. Motion was carried and required form was completed.

Required Actions from previous meeting: Replacement First Aid kit   – Still missing and Ty still yet to purchase a new one.

Replacement Fire Rake / Tools – Angus purchased, via Trail Fund, 1x Mass Tool and 1x Hilt Ho.

Missing Tool box: lock and catches / hasps – Paul has now replaced and fitted new catches.

Dig Day Communications – Ty in charge, but none had been planned since last meeting.

Borderline Signage – Paul and Jeremy put up and are in place, both at the top and bottom.

150k Submission – Angus completed and was put to FoBRP before the due deadline / meeting.

Farm Hub Open Day – All Done and Dusted. Paul organized and liaised with GWRC with assistance from Matt and Marco.

General Business: MoU / GWRC – Wayne gladly announced the finally completed signed copies of the MoU were with him and that BAMBA could sign these copies at the meeting. Ty signed copies and Both GWRC and BAMBA now retain a signed copy each! Finally!   Great news that the MoU is now done and dusted until the review is required! Wayne stated massive well done to Paul for his work and patience throughout the process.

DANZIG AREA RESOUCE CONSTENT: GWRC / Wayne advised that the consent process is at its final stage and is with Cutriss. It’s hoped to be completed mid-March.

4 DEGREES TRACK:     Wayne advised tender goes out for this Danzig replacement track 1st week of March 2015. It is hoped that the start to this track will be under way at the end of March at the latest.

RESIGNATION OF PAUL SCOBLE FROM SECRETARY AND COMMITTEE: Club received Paul’s resignation letter. He stated there were various reasons for coming to his decision and thanked GWRC Staff, Jeremy and Wayne, for their support etc. As per the Rules 1 month notice is required so he will end his role on 26 March 2015. Paul asked who was to take over the role until the AGM due in May. The Charities commission requires notice of change as do Societies Incorporated.   TY stated that Karl would take up the role. (Note: At time of writing however Karl had declined to fulfil the role due to other commitments and no one had been appointed at the time of writing!).

HORSES USING TRAILS: Paul requested that Jeremy from GWRC supply 6 “No Horse” signs for the tracks– Borderline, Bull Run and also Bull a Varde.   Members of BAMBA have witnessed horses using the trails when they should not be! Sings are required at start and ends of all trails currently in use! Jeremy was also to mention our concerns to Jenny Walsh from the Hill Road Pony Club just in case any of their group was possibly at fault although he doubted they were.

WHEELBARROW MISSING: Paul noted to the group that the wheelbarrow has now gone missing from the mid-section of Bull a Varde and asked if anyone else had it. No one present new of its where abouts also so it would appear it too has been stolen.

WORKING BEE: Ty mentioned BAMBA would hold a working bee on Sunday 8th March. Meet end of Normandale road at 10am. Plan is to cut overgrowth along Bull a Varde. Starting from near Bull Run entrance and work along to the Sweetacres entrance. It was decided this would not be advertised on the Web site or Facebook since would not be enough required grass cutting tools to do what is required. It was also mentioned that spraying of the mid-section and lower sections of Bull Run are required. If possible two people to do this. Ty will arrange with Jeremy the required gear etc. if it is to go ahead.   Ty stated that once a good amount of rain has fallen Borderline rework will commence ASAP. Sections of the trail are in need of urgent work.

AGM: The committee decided that this will take place on 21st May 2015. 7pm at the Woolshed.

REQUIRED ACTIONS: First Aid Kit – Ty to arrange replacement. Secretary position – Required to be temporary filled until AGM. No Horse Signs – GWRC Ranger Jeremy to arrange. Working Bee – Sunday 8th March. 10 am. Meet end of Normandale Rd. AGM – Send out notice 1 month prior and book Woolshed also for the date.

Next Meeting AGM: 21st May 2015. 7pm at the Woolshed.

Meeting closed: 8.40pm

Paul Scoble, Secretary, BAMBA

End of year message from BAMBA

As you will have seen, BAMBA is currently working through our Trail Network Plan with GWRC, along with potential changes that will be required to keep the park assessable during the Transmission Gully build.  This has put on hold any immediate formal working bees as we are pretty much finished Borderline, only requiring a small group to maintain and make a few tweaks here and there.  We are hoping that we will have all our ducks in a row in January, so that we can get back to creating a premium destination in the Wellington region.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank all those that have given their time and effort to build the trails in the park.  Without the volunteers we would have nothing.  I would also like to thank those that have enjoyed riding and walking the trails, proving that our blood, sweat, and tears were worthwhile.  We have received great feedback, which spurs us on to continue, and recently had a successful PNP round, the first since the felling of the trees.

So, on that note, please enjoy the summer riding, or volunteering at other trails around the region.

Happy trails

Angus

 

Minutes 13 Novemeber 2014

Location: The Woolshed, Stratton St, Normandale, Lower Hutt, 7 pm

Present: Tyrone McGrath, Marco Renall, Matt Clarke, Craig McGinnity, Paul Scoble, Angus Cotton, Karl Laurence, Ron Harfield, Jeremy Paterson (GWRC).

Apologies: Wayne Boness (GWRC)

Minutes of last Meeting: Read by Paul, Moved Marco and Seconded Ty they be accepted as correct – Carried.

Finances

Last meeting balance    $6,228.40

Interest earned    +

Less Presented Cheques:

Marco – Morn Tea wrk bees.   -$54.94

Angus –Meeting Refreshments.  -$40.97

This meeting closing Balance   $6,132.49

Cheques written: “Not yet presented”

Angus – Meeting Refreshments  -$40.88

Craig – Warathas.    -$84.99

Required Actions completed from previous meeting

Future Track plan and Map: Angus and Craig have completed.

MoU: Paul added new track plan and re submitted MoU (incl new Track Plan) to Wayne @ GWRC. Emailed on 29 October 2014.

AEE: Wayne (GWRC) had advised not required as they will submit our Track Plan along with other 4 degrees as a total application for resource consent with consultant they have employed.

Borderline Entry & Exit signs: Temporary signage had been put up by Paul prior to PNP race! (The true signs have now been received from Nicole @ Fine Signs. Paul & Jeremy to put up).

General Business

Replacement of stolen first aid kit / tools and lock: Paul advised what had been taken and what tools we still had. Exec committee agreed that we need to replace First Aid Kit, Fire Rake and Damaged lock and missing padlock.

Track building, plus planning and organisation: Ty mentioned that even though we now have our new Track Plan in place no other tracks can be started until resource consent is given.  Therefore the only work to be carried out until further notice will be either tweaking or tidying on both Bull-Run and Borderline until further notice. (Ty stated awesome work by Angus & Craig on the new Track plan too). Paul made mention that there has been very poor organization and poor communication in the past months with relation to what is going on for the scheduled dig days and who is arranging what! He has had to deal with most of the organizing and logistics of tools etc! Paul mentioned others in the committee need to step up to the plate and assist to. Ty apologized for the fact he had done little (for various reasons) over the past year, including not turning up to the PnP race like he said he would. However he was willing to take back on the responsibilities of arranging these dig days and the details and organizing what and where etc.  23rd Was to be on corner on Bull Run – Meet at Hill Road 9am.  All agreed that via email was the best way to contact everyone!  Ty will advise ASAP what is happening and then Paul or Angus can pass the required info onto others via web site and Facebook. More advanced planning will be required once a new trail is underway again. However tool and logistics wise this should be easier to manage.

Park compensation ($861K) re Transmission Gully: A meeting of Belmont Regional Park Stake holders was held on Tuesday 11th November 2004. GWRC Parks Manager Amanda Cox gave a brief presentation of how the money was to be allocated and some details of some already possible ideas were tabled. (Paul, Angus, Marco and Ty attended. Peter Matcham from Friends of Belmont put forward an idea for a two way dual use track, starting from the Picnic area at end of Bull Run, Hill Road and going up to near View point. It was thought this would be around 4 – 5 degrees and be at a possible estimated cost of 60 – 80k.   Another idea mentioned was the upgrade of the Korokoro Dam area – estimated cost of 30 – 40K. Parties who are wishing to table possible options are to pass on their ideas to Peter Matcham  (Friends of Belmont) who has agreed to help facilitate this process. All interested parties are to submit their proposals to him by Wednesday 3rd December 2014. A full summary of ideas will be then tabled at the Friends of Belmont Xmas meeting on 9th Dec 2014. A formal consultation process will then take place with GWRC around March to May 2015.

GWRC New Farm hub open day: GWRC to hold a full public open day on 31 January 2015. GWRC has asked if BAMBA were able or keen to hold a few guided rides in the park to highlight the park and what it has to offer for riders etc plus inform them who/what BAMBA is about and what we have done. Paul, Marco and Matt agreed to attend.  It was thought that Paul and Marco could take a guided ride via airstrip and OCR down bull run and back up Hill Road to Hub. Matt could take an easier going ride for the not so advanced riders along the tops on a loop around the ammo bunkers etc.  Jeremy asked that BAMBA need to submit a proposal to him prior to 3rd December 2014.

Required actions

First Aid Kit: Ty arranging for replacement – (Same as per details given from Paul).

Fire Rake: Angus to purchase from NZ Trail Fund.

Lock etc.: Paul to arrange and fit.

Dig Day communications: Ty to advise and arrange (as mentioned in minutes).

Borderline Signage: Paul to complete with Jeremy from GWRC.

150k Submissions: Angus to send to FoBRP both our proposals as mentioned in minutes before 3rd December.

Farm Hub Open Day: Paul to submit proposal to Jeremy GWRC before 3rd Dec.

Next Meeting

TBA

Meeting closed: 9.00 pm

Paul Scoble, Secretary, BAMBA.

BAMBA Trail Network Plan

The Belmont Area Mountain Association (BAMBA) have been active in the Belmont Regional Park since 2009, creating and maintaining many of the trails prior to the felling of the Danzig forest block.  Now that the felling has been completed the group has been able to review the state of the area and produce a proposed ‘Trail Network Plan’ that is designed to meet the varying needs of the park users.  This document is intended to be a ‘living document’, being updated as new information come to light, such as community feedback, makeup of the park users, and consultation with Greater Wellington Regional Council (GWRC).

Please down the full  BAMBA Trail Network Plan and provide any feedback to info@bamba.org.nz, or communicate at our next meeting (data TBA).

BAMBA Trail Network Plan
BAMBA Trail Network Plan

 

iRIDE Specialized PNP MTB Series

Thank you to all of the participants, marshals, organisers, and sponsors of the Belmont round of the iRide PNP. What a great day with 120+ riders and no major casualties. This is the first time that the park has been able to show off the hard work of the BAMBA trail builders, which will only improve as the native bush regenerates and we establish a full network of trails through the area. First on the list will be the single trail uphill (4 degrees) that will less daunting than the 4WD climb used in the race today, which hopefully with be ready by next years race.

IMG_0716IMG_0717IMG_0718IMG_0720IMG_0721IMG_0722IMG_0723IMG_0724IMG_0725IMG_0726IMG_0727IMG_0728IMG_0729IMG_0730IMG_0731IMG_0732IMG_0736IMG_0739IMG_0741IMG_0742IMG_0746IMG_0747IMG_0749IMG_0751IMG_0752IMG_0753IMG_0754IMG_0756IMG_0758IMG_0759IMG_0760IMG_0761IMG_0762IMG_0764IMG_0765IMG_0767IMG_0768IMG_0769IMG_0770IMG_0771IMG_0772IMG_0774IMG_0775IMG_0776IMG_0777IMG_0778IMG_0780IMG_0781IMG_0783IMG_0784IMG_0462IMG_0463IMG_0464IMG_0465IMG_0468IMG_0471IMG_0472IMG_0474IMG_0475IMG_0476IMG_0477IMG_0478IMG_0479IMG_0480IMG_0481IMG_0482IMG_0483IMG_0484IMG_0485IMG_0486IMG_0487IMG_0488IMG_0489IMG_0490IMG_0491IMG_0492IMG_0493IMG_0494IMG_0495IMG_0496IMG_0497IMG_0498IMG_0499IMG_0500IMG_0501IMG_0502IMG_0503IMG_0504IMG_0505IMG_0506IMG_0507IMG_0508IMG_0509IMG_0510IMG_0511IMG_0512IMG_0513IMG_0514IMG_0515IMG_0516IMG_0517IMG_0518IMG_0519IMG_0520IMG_0521IMG_0522IMG_0523IMG_0524IMG_0525IMG_0526IMG_0529IMG_0531IMG_0532IMG_0533IMG_0535IMG_0536IMG_0537IMG_0538IMG_0539IMG_0540IMG_0541IMG_0542IMG_0543IMG_0544IMG_0545IMG_0546IMG_0549IMG_0550IMG_0551IMG_0552IMG_0553IMG_0554IMG_0555IMG_0557IMG_0559IMG_0560IMG_0561IMG_0562IMG_0566IMG_0567IMG_0569IMG_0570IMG_0572IMG_0573IMG_0574IMG_0575IMG_0576IMG_0577IMG_0578IMG_0579IMG_0580IMG_0581IMG_0582IMG_0584IMG_0585IMG_0589IMG_0590IMG_0591IMG_0593IMG_0594IMG_0595IMG_0596IMG_0597IMG_0599IMG_0600IMG_0601IMG_0602IMG_0603IMG_0604IMG_0605IMG_0607IMG_0608IMG_0609IMG_0610IMG_0611IMG_0613IMG_0614IMG_0615IMG_0616IMG_0617IMG_0618IMG_0619IMG_0622IMG_0623IMG_0624IMG_0625IMG_0626IMG_0628IMG_0629IMG_0630IMG_0631IMG_0632IMG_0633IMG_0635IMG_0636IMG_0637IMG_0640IMG_0641IMG_0642IMG_0643IMG_0646IMG_0647IMG_0648IMG_0649IMG_0650IMG_0651IMG_0652IMG_0653IMG_0654IMG_0656IMG_0657IMG_0659IMG_0660IMG_0662IMG_0663IMG_0664IMG_0665IMG_0666IMG_0667IMG_0668IMG_0669IMG_0670IMG_0671IMG_0672IMG_0673IMG_0674IMG_0675IMG_0676IMG_0677IMG_0678IMG_0680IMG_0681IMG_0683IMG_0684IMG_0685IMG_0686IMG_0687IMG_0688IMG_0689IMG_0690IMG_0691IMG_0692IMG_0694IMG_0698IMG_0699IMG_0700IMG_0701IMG_0702IMG_0703IMG_0704IMG_0705IMG_0706IMG_0707IMG_0708IMG_0709IMG_0710IMG_0711IMG_0712IMG_0713IMG_0714IMG_0715

iRIDE Specialized PNP MTB Series

iride Specialized Hutt City

 
iRIDE Specialized PNP MTB Series
Stratton St, Belmont Regional Park, Lower Hutt
Sunday 2nd November 2014

For more information about the series visit the PNP web site … http://www.pnp.org.nz/mtb/races/iride-specialized-pnp-spring-mtb-series/

CLASS A
Men Open

10:00am.  2.5 Laps
Head north from Woolshed up 4WD logging road
At top turn right on to Old Coach Rd
Veer left up Bull-a-Varde (A arrow)
Veer left down Bull Run (A1 arrow)
Veer left onto Hill Rd
Climb Hill Rd past the Barking Dogs
Left and climb to saddle
Head south on Old Coach Rd enjoying view of Wellington harbour
Acute left up to View Point (A arrow)
Under Pylon and down Naked Flame
Left at Bull-a-Varde
Straight ahead along full length of Bull-a-Varde (A2 arrow)
Sharp right at end
Up, Down, Up and Down on Sweetacres Walkway returning to Old Coach Rd
Left heading south
South to top of Borderline
Sharp right and descend Borderline to Woolshed
Do 1 more lap (A3 and A4 arrows)
Now do your half lap
Head north from Woolshed up 4WD logging road
At top turn right on to Old Coach Rd
Head south on Old Coach Rd (A5 arrow)
Turn right down Borderline to Woolshed

CLASS B
Men U19, Men Master 1 & Men Master 2 Women Open

10:02am.  2 Laps of…
Head north from Woolshed up 4WD logging road
At top turn right on to Old Coach Rd
Veer left up Bull-a-Varde (B arrow)
Veer left down Bull Run (B1 arrow)
Veer left onto Hill Rd
Climb Hill Rd past the Barking Dogs
Left and climb to saddle
Head south on Old Coach Rd enjoying view of Wellington harbour
Acute left up to View Point (B arrow)
Under Pylon and down Naked Flame
Left at Bull-a-Varde
Straight ahead along full length of Bull-a-Varde (B2 arrow)
Sharp right at end
Up, Down, Up and Down on Sweetacres Walkway returning to Old Coach Rd
Left heading south
South to top of Borderline
Sharp right and descend Borderline to Woolshed
Do 1 more lap (B3 and B4 arrows)

CLASS C:
Men U17, Women Sport (19+) & Men M3

10:04am.  2 Laps of…
Head north from Woolshed up 4WD logging road
At top turn right on to Old Coach Rd
Veer left up Bull-a-Varde (C1 arrow)
Veer left down Bull Run (C arrow)
Veer left onto Hill Rd
Climb Hill Rd past the Barking Dogs
Left and climb to saddle
Head south on Old Coach Rd enjoying view of Wellington harbour
At View Point turnoff head south along Old Coach Rd (C arrow)
South to top of Borderline (C2 arrow)
Sharp right and descend Borderline to Woolshed
Do 1 more lap (C3 and C4 arrows)
CLASS D1: 3 Laps
Boys U15, Men & Women Rec (19+), Women U19
10:10am.  3 Laps of
Head north from Woolshed
Up 4WD logging road 50m
Left into single track
Over bridge and left heading south
Through gate below Woolshed
Cross grass next to blue gums
Head south downhill
Thru creek, along flat and climb up grass paddock to edge of road
Stay to the right of cones on edge of road
Descend back onto track to the bottom of Belmont Trig climb
Stay left of cones and tape
Thru creek and turn right over bridge
Return to Woolshed keeping left of all cones

CLASS D2: 2 Laps
U13 and U11

10:12am.  2 Laps of…
Head north from Woolshed
Up 4WD logging road 50m
Left into single track
Over bridge and left heading south
Through gate below Woolshed
Cross grass next to blue gums
Head south downhill
Thru creek, along flat and climb up grass paddock to edge of road
Stay to the right of cones on edge of road
Descend back onto track to the bottom of Belmont Trig climb
Stay left of cones and tape
Thru creek and turn right over bridge
Return to Woolshed keeping left of all cones

Tweaking and Tidying (Trail building)

Trail building planned this coming Sunday -12th October – 9 am onwards
Work this Sunday will be on Bull Run. In preparation for the PNP race on Nov 2nd.

Either be at the Old Coach Road entrance (end of Normandale Road) at 9 am if you wish to catch a lift – or simply walk or bike your own way in along Old Coach Road to the start of Bull a Varde and make your way down to Bull Run!  (Or you may choose to walk up from the Bottom, Via hill Rd.)  Your choice!
We plan to work on both the mid and possibly lower sections!
Hope this great weather holds eh!
Happy Trails…… Cheers Paul.

Minutes 09 October 2014

Location: The Woolshed, Stratton St, Normandale, Lower Hutt, 7 pm

Present:  Tyrone McGrath, Marco Renall, Matt Clarke, Craig McGinnity, Paul Scoble, Angus Cotton, Karl Laurence, Wayne Boness (GWRC).

Apologies; Jeremy Paterson (GWRC).

Minutes of last Meeting                                                                                               Minutes of 22 July 2014 were read by Paul. Angus moved they be accepted and Tyrone seconded – Carried.

Finances   (Presented by Treasurer)

Last meeting balance                                  $7,379.81                                            Interest earned                                               +$4.11

Less Presented Cheques:                                                                                       Angus – Meeting refreshments           -$26.49                                               Tyrone – Charity Chocs                           -$62.50                                                Marco – Morn Tea for wrk bees          -$63.82                                                       BIKE NZ (2015 Affiliation Fee)           -$200.00                                                Angus – Dig Day morn teas                   -$45.80                                                 Craig – Timber / Posts                             -$756.91

This meeting closing Balance             $6,228.40

Cheques written: “Not yet presented”

Angus – Meeting Refreshments        -$40.97

General Business                                                                                                        PNP RACE / Trails:                                                                                                        Tyrone asked Marco to confirm the course and trails that were to be used. Marco was not 100% sure but was certain Bull Run and Borderline were to be used for the races!The group suggested the use of: Naked Flame, the very top section of Sweetacres and also the total length of Bull a Varde too!  Marco was going to take a quick scout around on Saturday with Paul to get a better view of the possibilities etc.

Discussions were held around what needed doing to mostly Bull Run and Borderline based on the above. Tyrone stated we would work on Bull Run at next Dig Day and get some gravel to low lying areas of this trail using the stock pile ¼ way down plus work on the lower section.  The corners that the BNZ day put into place required tweaking and also retaining the berm. Also the berm that was in the section between the two grassed areas required good retaining and the berm also reinstated! Wayne (GWRC) stated that BAMBA could possibly source some used timber to assist with retaining and would investigate to see if the wood in question was suitable, then advise Tyrone.

It was mentioned that Borderline required its “Entry” to be in place prior to PNP race and also may need possibly another berm or two approx ¼ way down.                However Borderline was mostly now well established and many have been seen riding and enjoying it. Paul removed the exit as requested from GWRC and has established a new exit 20 meters further along to suit the new proposed car park planned for the future by GWRC.

Wayne (GWRC) stated if Borderline was to be used and open for the PNP race then it must have its required track signage up too. Paul will arrange the entrance and exit signs ASAP.

GWRC UPDATE:                                                                                                     Wayne made mention that on 11th November a stake holders meeting for the park was to be held at the Woolshed to discuss the use of the $150,000.00 that has come from the land used for Transmission Gully etc.  BAMBA needs to attend and bring along some good possible suggestions for what the funding could be utilized for that would benefit park users!

One good example could be the PUMP track which could attract users (young an old) to the park.  Another was putting in Ride-able cattle stops (Gibson Grates) for user friendly access.    NOTE DATE: 11 NOVEMBER – Timings:TBA

MoU:  Wayne has made some minor changes to this. Mostly to the H & S paragraph. To get this moving forward for sign off however it now requires a new “Future Track Plan” plus also a Map outlying these future trails etc.  Also GWRC have just been made aware that any earth works in the park now requires resource consent! Wayne has stated that he can have this covered for us by adding our AEE to their application through Cuttriss. However BAMBA need to put in an AEE for the Danzig area and add into it the trails that are in the new Future Track Plan.

REQUIRED ACTIONS:

Bull Run and Borderline – Carry out required work on sections of trail and berms / retaining. Cut back required weeds or vegetation overgrowing the trail down Bull Run.(Working bees plus possible Tues or Thurs nights too to get this done Prior to 2 November).

Borderline main entry and exit signage to be in place prior to 2 November also.        (Paul to arrange signage with Nicole from Fine Signs ASAP)

Future Track Plan and Map – Still awaiting completion since last meeting.             (Angus and Craig to arrange and send to Paul ASAP so it can be add to the MoU plus will assist with completing the required AEE.)

MoU – Paul to add new Future Track Plan and Map (when completed) to the MoU and then re submit to Wayne.

AEE – Paul to submit as soon as Wayne Supplies copy of AEE for 4 Degrees and can also add the new Future Track Plan and Map.

11th November – BAMBA committee member/s to attend stake holders meeting at the Woolshed.

Next Meeting: TBA?                                                                                              Meeting closed: 9.05 pm                                                                                               Paul Scoble, Secretary, BAMBA

BNZ Closed for Good

Awesome work by guys from BNZ for #closedforgood giving a helping hand. The rutty bit on Bull Run before the grass clearing as been replaced by a couple of switchbacks (still requires some sculpting and bedding in, but a good start), some nice mini berms on the Borderline Mahoe deviation, plus various minor tweaks and maintenance completed. Thanks to Nic, Robert, Andy, Tony, Kenny, Mike, Paul and Angus.

IMG_2907
The new line up and around
IMG_2909
The old line straight down
IMG_2905
Large boulder ‘feature’ removed from the new switchback

Belmont Area Mountain Bike Association